Provider Solutions & Development Pain Medicine Psychologist in Seattle, Washington
Swedish Health is seeking a Per Diem Clinical Pain Psychologist to join Swedish Pain Services (SPS) at its First Hill campus in beautiful downtown Seattle. SPS is one of the largest pain centers in the Pacific Northwest, treating more than 1,000 patients a month and utilizing the latest research and techniques. Join a strong, interdisciplinary team that provides direct clinical services in its functional restoration program and hospital-based pain management suite, as well as comprehensive outpatient care, including behavioral health, physical and occupational therapy and relaxation therapy.
• Provide psychological assessments and treatment for patients with chronic, non-malignant pain, and manage team conferences, program planning and patient evaluations
• Provide individual and group-based relaxation training (i.e. diaphragmatic breathing, autogenic training, guided imagery, progressive muscle relaxation and passive muscle relaxation) based on principles of psychophysiology
• Serve as a resource for staff in meeting the needs of the pain population
• Must hold a doctoral degree from an American Psychological Association accredited institution
• Licensed or license-eligible in Washington required
• Experience in the evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain required
• Post-doctoral fellowship in pain psychology, rehabilitation psychology or health psychology is preferred
• 2+ years’ experience required
Where You’ll Work
Swedish Medical Group is an integrated team of more than 1,300 physicians and advanced practice clinicians serving the greater Seattle area. As part of Swedish Health System, medical group providers benefit from centralized system support and a shared EMR (Epic). With easy access to seven Swedish Medical Center campuses, providers are able to serve northwest Washington residents with superior integrated, coordinated care.
Where You’ll Live
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s largest urban center, with a metro population of 3.25 million, and is home to world-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system. The city hugs Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south. Home to the world’s biggest tech giants, Seattle offers some of the highest minimum wages in the country, along with a notable music and arts scene, outdoor lifestyle and amazing coffee.
Who You’ll Work For
Swedish is a comprehensive health network with a long history of excellence. The Seattle-based system operates five hospitals with more than 1,500 beds, and more than 115 primary and specialty care clinics. Part of the Providence family, Swedish is world-renowned for its innovative and ground-breaking diagnoses, treatments and medical research at its five award-winning institutes: cancer, digestive health, heart and vascular, neuroscience and orthopedic. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person it serves.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 12783
Facility Name: Swedish Medical Group
Location Name: Seattle
Brand Name: Swedish
Provider Profession: Psychologist
Medical Specialty: Pain Management
Job Setting: Medical Clinic
Type of Role: Clinical
Phone Number: (425) 525-5976
Schedule: Per Diem
Let’s get in touch If you have questions about this specific job or others, I'm all ears. Send me a note and we'll be one step closer to the right opportunity.
Emiko Flaherty Provider Recruiter